November 29, 2016

Cold and Frosty


Hello, Avril here today and I'm using the Woodland Scene image from Midwinter again, this time with the intention of creating a very frosty look to my card.

The image was stamped onto white card stock with Watering Can Archival and I used Tumbled Glass Distress ink for shading of the sky and snowy hills, addding a sprinkling of Chunky White Embossing enamel  to look like falling snow.
The sentiment, stamped in Silver and heat set with Silver EP is from the Snowy Woods stamp plate.

The base card was a little experiment - I picked some evergreen branches, laid them on white card stock and sprayed Tumbled Glass Spray stain over.  After drying naturally, I removed the branches, which had acted as a mask, leaving a lovely white area underneath.  I decided to spray some Brushed Pewter stain, for sparkle, but that was my choice and not necessary.    I used evergreen branches, but you could used any kind of foliage depending on the desired end result.

I hope I've inspired you to get creative with your Artistic Outpost stamp and hopefully you will share with us on our Artistic Outpost Facebook page, we would love to see them.

Thanks for visiting, have a great week.

Designer:  Avril Bailey





No comments: