January 10, 2017

Christmas Hanging


Hello, Avril here today with a little wooden heart I made for Christmas using Gloria and Ephemera Backgrounds stamps.

I began by giving the heart a coat of gesso, when it was dry I used Antique Linen Distress paint to front and back.

I stamped the sweet angel from the Gloria set of stamps and also stamped a mask on a post it note and fussy cut them both.

After deciding the position for the angel using the mask, I 2nd generation stamped the music background from the Ephemera pack with Potting Soil Archival ink

I used a flourish and a star stencil with embossing paste and sprinkled White EP only over the flourish and left to dry before heat setting.

I used Broken China  DI to distress the outer edges and then replaced the star stencil, dabbed on Versamark  and sprinkled Gold EP on the stars and again heat set.

Lastly I coloured my image and applied her into position adding Stardust Stickles to her wings.

The back was also decorated with gold paint through the star stencil.

If you've been creating with your Artistic Outpost stamps we would love to see what you've made,  so please share with us on our Artistic Outpost Facebook page.

Thanks for visiting today,

Designer:  Avril Bailey

No comments: