January 17, 2017

The Sailor

Hello, Avril here today and I'm sharing a card made with the Artistic Outpost January New Release stamp set The Captain.

I started by cutting a tag from corrugated card and tearing away some of the outer layer.  This was then roughly dry brushed with Gesso in places, before randomly stamping and heat embossing the compass (only one ended up showing - in the top lefthand corner)

I used Potting Soil Archival ink and stamped the ledger background from the Ephemera Backgrounds, and then tore and distressed the edges.   I also used the ledger stamp on the background of the card base.

My main image was stamped with Potting soil, distressed with Antique linen and Vintage Photo and layered onto a piece of inked and distressed card.

After building up the layers and  tucking in a piece of embossed card, I added some fussy cut elements from the Vagabond Treasures paper pack,  stamped the Telegraph heading from Ephemera Backgrounds, and also the anchor from The Captain.  All supplies are available from Our Daily Bread Designs

I hope I've inspired you to ink up your Artistic Outpost stamps and if so, we would love you to share with us on our Artistic Outpost Facebook page.

Thanks for your visit today, have a great week,

Avril Bailey  -  Designer




No comments: